Monday, April 09, 2007

Freedom of Speech

I just watched the BBC documentary on the Phelps family and have to admit that I am so appalled that I am not sure this will even be a coherent blog. I, of course, had heard of the Phelps family, and was always disgusted by the family, but now I am simply seething...
I agree that it is their right as Americans to enjoy freedom of speech and to hate or love this country. However, I couldn't help but think if there is ever a draft instated, that the Phelps children should be the first to go, just to give the mother a taste of the anguish of those families they so ridicule.
I find it repulsive that the Phelps family brainwashes its children and preaches hate at all, let alone at a funeral for fallen service members.
Perhaps "Christian Fundamentalism" should be defined as terrorism as well, so we can throw the Phelps family in Gitmo?

No comments: